Anybody wishing to up their game in the portrait world needs to understand the essential lighting techniques of the masters. And in this workshop, master photographers Gary L. Friedman and Brian Ramage not only share the secrets with you, but provide you ample hands-on experience with the latest equipment and very, VERY patient models. :-)
In this one-day event you will:
- Learn how to "see" light the way the camera does.
- Understand the different kinds of artificial light (LED, speedlight, and studio strobe) and importance of light quality.
- Get a thorough understanding of one-, two-, and three-light setups.
- Get plenty of hands-on experience not just with shooting with a model, but also setting up your own lights from scratch. (Most other workshops set up the lights for you and all you do is press a button.) Our method takes more time but maximizes learning.
- Appreciate the benefits of getting it right in the camera so you won't need to spend your life photoshopping your model to death.
This workshop will be 20% lecture, 80% hands-on with two experienced presenters.
What to Bring
Bring a camera and a portrait-style lens (in the 85mm - 135mm range).
If you have wireless flash speedlights, bring two (one to act as master and one as slave).
Bring an open mind
We will provide everything else you need!
When: Saturday, July 28, 2018
10AM - 5:30 PM
Where: 1420 Applecross Ln, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
About the Presenters
Gary L. Friedman runs the stock photography site www.FriedmanArchives.com and has written more than 25 books on digital cameras. He tours the world conducting photography seminars which teach how to get "Wow!" images in a most enjoyable and approachable way.
Brian Ramage (who lacks a middle initial, apparently) is a master portrait photographer who shuttles between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. You can see his instagram feed at https://www.instagram.com/reubal
You can reserve your spot by filling out the payment information, but your credit card will NOT be charged until shortly before the event.